Angkor Wat 18

I would like to thank Cheerful Dimaculangan of Postcrossing Mom for sending me a postcard all the way from Cambodia. Thanks a lot sis! I heard a little bit about Cambodia before through my friend Alex. Alex was my classmate in Spanish class back in California.  When he introduced himself, I thought he was a Filipino. Him and his wife migrated to the US years ago. They have an auto shop called “Angkor Wat”.  They even own a school in Cambodia. When hubby and I went to their car shop, he showed me some interesting photos of Cambodia and he also taught me how to write their alphabet. I forgot the term of the alphabet script. I wish to visit this majestic place someday!

Sis Che wrote: I am sending you a card of ANGKOR WAT – one of the UNESCO – WHC here in Cambodia, it is visually, architecturally and artistically breathtaking! A massive 3 tiered pyramid crowned by 5 lotus like towers rising 65m from ground level. It is surrounded by moat and a wall measuring 1.3kmx1.5km, temple itself is 1km2 and consists of 3 levels surmounted by a central tower. The temple walls are covered inside and out with bas-reliefs and carvings!

18 thoughts on “Angkor Wat

1. Reply Daria May 17,2011 10:33 pm

Beautiful postcard, it looks mysterious and fairy-tale like… 🙂
    Daria recently posted..Florida Christmas tree

2. Reply clarissa May 18,2011 5:23 am

Gosh,sa postcard pa lang maganda na~lalo na siguro pag napadpad ka sa place na yan!Wanna see them with my own eyes!

Happy PP!
    clarissa recently posted..Postcard From Canada With Love

3. Reply kat May 18,2011 11:22 am

wow! karon pa ko kita ug postcard from Cambodia. Ka nice sa building, mura ug cactus hehehe.

Anyways, gusto ko mo apil ani, unsaon man Dhemz hehehe.
    kat recently posted..Latest Styles of Sunglasses

4. Reply Postcard Perfect May 18,2011 3:00 pm

I agree with with Mommy Clang, kung maganda sa postcard, lalo na for real!

5. Reply Shydub May 18,2011 3:31 pm

what a coincidence d i tsang, dont forget to ring me up whne you plan to visit cambodia because im going with you bayot hehehehehe
    Shydub recently posted..Detoxification

6. Reply Hazelicious May 18,2011 7:23 pm

No doubt, buildings like that are amazing. I would like to visit Cambodia someday. Beautiful postcard. Mine is up – My PP Entry.
    Hazelicious recently posted..Yosemite Valley

7. Reply Gengen May 18,2011 10:56 pm

Oh so nice..Mine is up.
    Gengen recently posted..Postcard From Thailand

8. Reply Arlene May 19,2011 12:21 am

It’s a beautiful card. I got one like that too from Zarah and i wish one day i can visit the place. 🙂

Happy postcrossing, Sis!
    Arlene recently posted..Postcard Perfect 11 – India 19439

9. Reply Chris May 19,2011 8:40 am

what a nice postcard 🙂
    Chris recently posted..Postcard Perfect – Thailand

10. Reply Shydub May 20,2011 4:47 am

Visiting here today tsang, naka tira ko hehehe
    Shydub recently posted..Girl Talks- Favorite Summer Activity

11. Reply eljanh May 20,2011 7:21 am

hmm, NIce blog I visit,,

visit Please,,
    eljanh recently posted..Headsweats Performance UltraTech Running-Outdoor Sports Headband

12. Reply Eric Graham May 20,2011 1:40 pm

The main reason why I really like geography is because of the wondrous places and landmarks of various countries around the globe.

Angkor Wat is the world’s largest religious building and remains to be substantial religious site since the time it was established.

13. Reply tejan May 20,2011 10:40 pm

wow ka mga nice woi:)thanks sa vistasyon:)

14. Reply Mel Avila Alarilla May 21,2011 9:18 pm

Yes, Ankor Wat is a magnificent relic from the past. It showcase the former glory of Cambodia during their golden years. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.
    Mel Avila Alarilla recently posted..Lets Laugh Our Way To Health

15. Reply Coffeedoff May 22,2011 3:22 pm

Lovely postcard. Amazing place.
    Coffeedoff recently posted..Postcard Friendship Friday

16. Reply Mona May 22,2011 4:11 pm

Nice one .. parang gusto ko na rin mag collect ah hehe…
    Mona recently posted..Gandang Gabi Vice!

17. Reply lina@happy family May 22,2011 6:44 pm

Lovely post card…
    lina@happy family recently posted..Symbols of a Horse

18. Reply happybluethoughts May 29,2011 6:48 am

Wonderful postcard. I remember waking up really early to see the sunrise at the complex. Unfortunately, hindi namin nakita because the clouds were too thick and then it started raining. But it was an unforgettable experience. I hope to be back.
    happybluethoughts recently posted..Two Days in Saigon