Space Needle 13

I got this postcard during our trip to Seattle, Washington.

It was summer of 2008 when we went to visit the famous Space Needle in Seattle Washington. I love Seattle as much as I love going up to the Space Needle. It was a fun-filled experience. I won’t mind going back there again.

The Space Needle is a tower in Seattle, Washington, and is a major landmark of the Pacific Northwest region of the United States and a symbol of Seattle. Located at the Seattle Center, it was built for the 1962 World’s Fair, during which time nearly 20,000 people a day used the elevators, with over 2.3 million visitors in all for the World Fair. The Space Needle is 605 feet (184 m) high at its highest point and 138 feet (42 m) wide at its widest point and weighs 9,550 tons. When it was completed it was the tallest structure west of the Mississippi River. It is built to withstand winds of up to 200 mph (320 km/h) and earthquakes of up to 9.1 magnitude.[5] (which would protect the structure against an earthquake as powerful as the 1700 Cascadia earthquake). The tower also has 25 lightning rods on its roof to prevent lightning damage.

The Space Needle features an observation deck at 520 feet (160 m), and a gift shop with the rotating SkyCity restaurant at 500 feet (152 m). From the top of the Needle, one can see not only the Downtown Seattle skyline, but also the Olympic and Cascade Mountains, Mount Rainier, Mount Baker, Elliott Bay and surrounding islands.

13 thoughts on “Space Needle

1. Reply Hazelicious May 11,2011 2:38 am

Wow! Buti ka pa Dhemz, naka visit sa space needle. I have been to WA state pero sa eastern side banda, in Spokane area. Grabe, ang dami kong gustong puntahan na place. hehehe
    Hazelicious recently posted..Postcard From Canada

2. Reply anne May 11,2011 5:40 am

Wow the best place to visit at with family.

3. Reply Postcard Perfect May 11,2011 12:05 pm

Sabi ni Patrick he also want to visit this someday.:)
    Postcard Perfect recently posted..PostcardPerfect12- Taiwan

4. Reply Coffeedoff May 11,2011 1:41 pm

I’d love to see it someday, but nothing would make me go up there. Thank God for brave photographers. Great card.
    Coffeedoff recently posted..Postcard Friendship Friday

5. Reply lina@home sweet home May 11,2011 6:20 pm

Amazing towers!
    lina@home sweet home recently posted..How to Get Rid of Your Disuse in Safety

6. Reply All Things Beautiful May 11,2011 6:30 pm

I think it is great you have postcards from the places you have visited.
    If you are interested in exchanging postcards with someone from Maryland USA, leave a comment on my blog.
    All Things Beautiful recently posted..Leaving Proof on Mothers Day Aleidas Challenge

7. Reply Hazelicious May 11,2011 6:34 pm

Hello Dhemz! I have been collecting postcards kaso wala ng natira sa mga nabili ko kasi napamigay ko na hehehe. Mine is up – Postcard Perfect Entry
    Hazelicious recently posted..Postcard From Canada

8. Reply clarissa May 12,2011 6:34 am

Want to visit the place someday(pag nanalo sa lotto lol!)parang ang ganda-ganda!
    clarissa recently posted..Postcard From The Philippines

9. Reply Rose May 12,2011 3:56 pm

Wooooot, lovely in pink!
    Rose recently posted..Fun at the Backyard

10. Reply Feeling Traveler Aketch May 12,2011 10:24 pm

This looks like a good place to visit.

Hello Mommy Dhemz, I added your link sa Postcrossing Enthusiasts. Hope you can link with us too. Thanks!! 😉
    Feeling Traveler Aketch recently posted..Postcard Friendship Friday 1 – Maria Christina Falls

11. Reply Tsang May 13,2011 12:18 am

Naka adto na d i mo ug washington tsang, ka nice gd, i saw latest pictures of my friend, they just visited washington, naa siya picture sa isdaan mura ug famous market, naka suroy sd mo didto bayot?
    Tsang recently posted..Postcard Perfect &8211 Michigan

12. Reply Hazelicious May 13,2011 12:41 am

Ang ganda naman! I should go to WA state and see this one.
    Hazelicious recently posted..Postcard Perfect &8211 Philippines

13. Reply Daria May 18,2011 2:56 am

Beautiful image from Seattle – some day I’m going to check it out myself. Thank you for posting all these gems!
    Daria recently posted..My hands without gardening gloves