Toronto,Canada 10

I would like to thank mamiWilla of “Postcard Perfect” for sending a Toronto postcard. Thanks a lot sis, much appreciated!

Hubby had a few photos when he went to visit the famous city of Victoria years ago.  I’ve never been to Canada, but I’m hoping my family can travel there someday soon.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada lies on the shore of Lake Ontario, the easternmost of the Great Lakes. Home to more than 2.7 million people, the city is the key to one of North America’s most vibrant regions, the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). 5.2 million Canadians live in the GTA, the cultural, entertainment, and financial capital of the nation. The city is also the seat of government of the province of Ontario.

Some facts about Toronto:
• One quarter of Canada’s population lives within a 160 km radius of Toronto
• Toronto is Canada’s largest retail market
• There are 100 + languages spoken throughout the city
• Over half of Toronto’s labour force has a university degree or college diploma
• Toronto is Canada’s number one tourist destination
• Toronto is the largest and most important financial centre in all of Canada and the fourth largest in North America. Only New York, Chicago and Los Angeles are larger.

10 thoughts on “Toronto,Canada

1. Reply Chris Jun 22,2011 2:30 am

what a beautiful place!
    Chris recently posted..Crosswinds in Tagaytay

2. Reply Arlene Jun 22,2011 8:59 am

Sis Willa sends very nice cards. 🙂 I love mine, too!

Happy postcrossing, Sis!

3. Reply postcardjourneys Jun 22,2011 9:16 am

it’s a lovely place! 🙂
    postcardjourneys recently posted..Capela de S Sebastião

4. Reply Postcard Perfect Jun 22,2011 10:52 am

Toronto is indeed a very beautiful city, but since I’ve been living in the sub-urb for almost ten years, I feel like city like that is not a place for me anymore.Life is way too fast and I’m having a hard time to catch up. 🙂

5. Reply lina@home sweet home Jun 22,2011 12:27 pm

Lovely place to visit 🙂
    lina@home sweet home recently posted..For Proverbs Lovers

6. Reply Hazelicious Jun 22,2011 2:43 pm

That’s really interesting facts about Toronto, Dhemz. I have friends in Toronto one of them is a former classmate in high school. I would love to visit Toronto, Canada someday.
    Hazelicious recently posted..Beautiful Castles of Kent

7. Reply Shydub Jun 22,2011 3:10 pm

if you plan to go to Toronto tsang take me with your ha, bahala sulod lng ko nimu ug walmart plastic bag hehehe

8. Reply Wandering Gene Jun 22,2011 3:12 pm

It looks like a big city, but a beautiful big city.

Visiting via Postcard Perfect. Here’s my entry this week: Filipino Folk Dance

9. Reply cheerful Jun 23,2011 9:14 pm

that’s lovely, i got cards from her din and i love it…:) thanks for sharing those facts. happy postcrossing.
    cheerful recently posted..Postcard Perfect 007- Tallin- Capital City of Estonia

10. Reply Fe Jun 24,2011 4:30 am

hi, demz ! looks like fast paced ang buhay dun and lots of beautiful places to visit…
    visiting via Postcard Perfect…
    here’s my entry : Dubai, UAE