I would like to thank mamiWilla of “Postcard Perfect” for sending a Toronto postcard. Thanks a lot sis, much appreciated!
Hubby had a few photos when he went to visit the famous city of Victoria years ago. I’ve never been to Canada, but I’m hoping my family can travel there someday soon.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada lies on the shore of Lake Ontario, the easternmost of the Great Lakes. Home to more than 2.7 million people, the city is the key to one of North America’s most vibrant regions, the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). 5.2 million Canadians live in the GTA, the cultural, entertainment, and financial capital of the nation. The city is also the seat of government of the province of Ontario.
Some facts about Toronto:
• One quarter of Canada’s population lives within a 160 km radius of Toronto
• Toronto is Canada’s largest retail market
• There are 100 + languages spoken throughout the city
• Over half of Toronto’s labour force has a university degree or college diploma
• Toronto is Canada’s number one tourist destination
• Toronto is the largest and most important financial centre in all of Canada and the fourth largest in North America. Only New York, Chicago and Los Angeles are larger.