Manila Bay, Philippines 10

I received this postcard last April from Kyla. Kyla is the daughter of my fellow postcrosser, mamiChris. Thanks guys for sending me the Manila Bay postcard. She wrote: “Hi there, hope you like our postcard! This is sunset in Manila Bay. It is really beautiful. I like this postcard. that’s why I want to give it to you.” I’ve been to Manila a few times, but never got a chance to visit the famous Manila Bay.

The bay is considered to be one of the best natural harbors in Southeast Asia and one of the finest in the world. It has an area of 1,994 km2, and a coastline of 190 km. The bay was the setting for the Battle of Manila Bay in 1898 in which American troops led by Commodore George Dewey, seized the area. Today, Manila Bay still remains important for commerce and industry, including fishing, although rapid urban growth and industrialization are contributing to a decline in water quality and deteriorating marine habitats. It also serves a focus for recreation for Metro Manila and is a popular destination for walks and for viewing the sunset.

Postcard Perfect

10 thoughts on “Manila Bay, Philippines

1. Reply Gengen Jul 12,2011 10:06 pm

Ang ganda madam…Oy visit ka naman sa entry ko hehe. See you.
    Gengen recently posted..Postcard Perfect

2. Reply PostcardPerfect Jul 13,2011 1:36 am

What a beautiful scene!
    PostcardPerfect recently posted..Postcard From Austin

3. Reply clarissa Jul 13,2011 4:56 am

I love the postcard, ang ganda ng sunset!Haven’t been there at Manila Bay too!
    clarissa recently posted..Estonian National Symbols

4. Reply Eric Graham Jul 13,2011 6:15 am

Wonderful sunset. It’s the most scenic time of the day.

5. Reply Postcard Lover by Shengkay Jul 14,2011 4:00 am

thats sad talaga..kong yung iba pa-improve ng paimprove tayo naman..palala ng palala..hehehe..hayss.
    from PP mommy dhemz..
    Postcard Lover by Shengkay recently posted..PC#14- Palacio de la Magdalena, Spain

6. Reply postcardjourneys Jul 14,2011 7:46 am

lovely postcard! i’ve always wanted to take a shot of the famed manila bay sunset. unfortunately, whenever i go there, the colorful path of light from the setting sun is always hidden by dark, ominous clouds.
    postcardjourneys recently posted..The Wooden Church of Heinävesi

7. Reply Arlene Jul 14,2011 8:36 am

I am not from Manila so everytime i visit Manila and have time, I love going to this place in the afternoon. I think they have turned it into a baywalk — safe place to stroll, with some street food sheds and of course music. ^^ I love sunsets!So this is a beautiful card.
    Arlene recently posted..Postcard Perfect # 19 – Card from Italy

8. Reply cheerful Jul 20,2011 12:12 pm

i love the card, great sunset shot…i miss baywalk! i had great memories with friends around manila bay area. 🙂 i wish my kids will see manila bay soon! visiting late from last week’s postcard perfect, happy postcrossing! 🙂
    cheerful recently posted..Postcard Perfect 005: CN Tower in Toronto

9. Reply Wandering Gene Jul 20,2011 12:17 pm

Nothing beats Manila Bay sunset. I miss this place. I’m just a few hours drive from this pero tagal ko ng hindi nakakapunta.

Late visit from last week’s Postcard Perfect. Hope you can drop by my entry: Angkor Wat